Friday, June 26, 2009

My Fives

So, Carolyn tagged me a couple months ago, but it's taken me awhile to think of all these things. I'm not a big planner--I tend to take things as they come. Here goes...







Five years ago I was:

  1. Planning for a family reunion at a California beach house
  2. Thinking about selling my "dream home" in Dryden
  3. Worrying about what to do with Vanessa for her senior year of high school
  4. Working on finishing my MLIS degree at Syracuse University
  5. Enjoying a 25 hr/week job as Director of the Southworth Library
Five things on my To-Do list today:

  1. Eat healthy and exercise
  2. Watch "Libraries and Autism" training video
  3. Take a motorcycle ride with Rich
  4. Check periodically with Vanessa to be sure she is still breathing and hasn't gone into anaphylactic shock
  5. Get milk

5 things I'd do with 1 Million Dollars:

  1. Become the financial backer for Golden's fly rod company
  2. Buy homes for Vanessa, Dustin and Rachel & Jay (and pay off Fillmore's mortgage)
  3. Hmmm. That might be all I could do. One million doesn't go as far these days...if there was any left, I'd bank it for a
  4. mission
  5. retirement

5 Places I've lived:

  1. Massachusetts (5 different addresses)
  2. Texas
  3. Europe (2 places: Belgium & Germany)
  4. California
  5. Virginia

5 Jobs I've held:

  1. Quality Control at Ore-Ida Potato Factory in Burley, ID
  2. Custodian/Bookstore clerk (at BYU--did the bookstore thing again in MA)
  3. Machine operator in a plastics factory (Massachusetts)
  4. Administrative Assistant to a Vice Principal, Madison High School
  5. Computer Lab Aide at Redland Oaks Elementary School

5 years from now I will be:

  1. Getting ready to attend Quincy Fillmore's baptism
  2. Planning a trip to Disneyland (or similar destination) with 5 year old "baby" Fillmore
  3. Playing Five for Fighting's "100 years" flawlessly on the piano
  4. Traveling
  5. Running marathons

Thanks for the opportunity to do this, Carolyn! I don't know 5 other people who blog who haven't already done this to pass it on...

  1. Maybe Joella, I don't see that she's done it yet, and
  2. Veronica; and
  3. Annie and
  4. Kelly and
  5. Brandolyn could just send me an email with their Fives Lists



No comments: