Sunday, February 15, 2009

I do believe in fairies, I do, I do!


There is nothing like Disneyland with a 5-year-old! There is a fine line though, between assuring her that the pirates and wicked witches aren't real ("They are dolls, right Gramma?") and wanting to preserve the magic of it all ("You got hugs from Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle and Minnie Mouse today!!") We took the Riverboat Cruise and, upon passing the Indian Village, she asked why the Indian had animal skins on his head. I told her that the Indians believed animals' spirits influenced their world. Renee said, "I believe in everything!"  Which is why, in spite of a letter from the princesses saying the ghosts in the Haunted Mansion weren't real, and my constant chant in Pirates that it was all make-believe,  she still was mad at me for taking her into the Haunted Mansion and on the Pirates of the Caribbean.  Hopefully, all is forgiven with the many other happy memories compensating for the scary ones.

No comments: