Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Who knew?

Today I noticed for the first time the "31" nested inside the BR of Baskin-Robbins sign. I know. Amazing how unobservant I've been for the past 57 years (Baskin-Robbins has been in business for 67 years, but I'm not that old...)
It made me wonder how many "hidden" messages are out there in the Universe that have gone or go unnoticed by me. I am trying to be open to the hidden wonders out there and I believe that the more aware and observant and acknowledging we are, the more we are given to see. A quick Wikipedia search also let me in on the reason behind the 31 (I know, I bet everyone but me already knew this...)--so customers could try a different flavor every day of the month. I hope everyday of the month I see a new message and learn a new thing.
Here are the original 31 flavors. Which is your favorite? (Can you believe they offered Green Tea Tiramisu back in 1945??!! and what is a "Mille-feuille"? Something new to learn!)
  • Banana Nut Fudge
  • Black Walnut
  • Burgundy Cherry
  • Butterscotch Ribbon
  • Cherry Macaroon
  • Chocolate
  • Chocolate Almond
  • Chocolate Chip
  • Chocolate Fudge
  • Chocolate Mint
  • Chocolate Ribbon
  • Coffee
  • Coffee Candy
  • Date Nut
  • Egg Nog
  • French Vanilla
  • Green Mint Stick
  • Lemon Crisp
  • Lemon Custard
  • Lemon Sherbet
  • Maple Nut
  • Orange Sherbet
  • Peach
  • Peppermint Fudge Ribbon
  • Peppermint Stick
  • Pineapple Sherbet
  • Raspberry Sherbet
  • Rocky Road
  • Strawberry
  • Vanilla
  • Vanilla Burnt Almond
  • Strawberry Mille-feuille
  • Green tea Tiramisu

 

No comments: