Saturday, August 11, 2012

I've become my own Grampa

Looking back on my post about my Grampa, ("eyes on the table, teeth in a cup...") I just realized that might have been a foreboding of my own situation! Rich has come down with some kind of viral respiratory infection, and when Yuki, our Japanese exchange student walked in the door yesterday and saw him coughing on the couch, her first question was, "Don't you have a mask?" We turned right around and drove to Rite Aid and bought 2 boxes of masks. That evening we ALL had masks on! With no spare room available for Rich (or me) to sleep in a separate room, I went to sleep with my mask on, and my ears plugged with my swimmers' wax to not hear his coughing. That, in addition to my usual mouth guard to prevent my night time teeth grinding, and my Dorsi-wedge to stretch out my plantar faciitis. Amazingly, I actually got a good night's rest! Relatively speaking....

No comments: