Saturday, June 12, 2010
Make Your Own
Read this article in Psychology Today that I found interesting. Want to increase the incidents of serendipity in your life? Try the following:
1. Change your routine. Be flexible.
2. Think of yourself as "lucky."
3. Be open to possibilities.
4. Enlarge your circle of friends and acquaintances.
5. Relax. Anxiety gives one tunnel vision.
6. Slack off (a bit!) If you are too conscientious, (see: tunnel vision) you may miss out on the unusual, and hidden opportunities. Think of it as fostering creativity.
7. Say, "Yes!" Follow the opportunities. Don't ignore the negative, but don't let it cripple you, either. When in doubt, ask yourself, "what's the worse that can happen?"
8. Embrace failure. Seizing the moment may not always work out, but it will at the least add variety, which will increase happiness and stimulate those little gray cells!