Sunday, April 19, 2009

Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without*

I wanted to find a shampoo that came in bar form, in my efforts to reduce my dependence on plastics and minimize my carbon footprint, but wasn't having much luck. Then someone recommended Ralph's Thriftway for an unrelated product, and there I found this J. R. Liggett's Shampoo bar. It's everything I was looking for and then some: minimal packaging (wrapped in biodegradable paper), no preservatives, no animal products, 100% biodegradable, pure olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, New Hampshire spring water. There was a J. R. Liggetts in my hometown growing up. This is "from an old New England recipe." So, spoiler-alert: this will be my stocking stuffer of choice this year.
This discovery also came serendipitously at the same time I was already reminiscing about my Yankee childhood. Rich and I are planning a trip to New England for our 33rd anniversary, so I am busy putting together a list of (33) places for us to visit.

(*Old New England saw)

No comments: