Sunday, July 1, 2012

Just say, "No!"

"Just once won't hurt." It's just a little bit, it can't do any harm." Word of Wisdom temptations? Nope-- Dairy! After four months of no dairy, and feeling great with no post-nasal drip or congestion, I made a casserole containing Ricotta, Gruyere, and Parmesan. Yikes! Less than an hour later I couldn't breathe out of my right nostril and the post-nasal drip was giving me a sore throat. I stayed home from work the next day due to my "cold" symptoms, but the coincidence of having them come on so suddenly right after my dairy splurge convinced me it had to be an allergic reaction. After two days I was ok, (what cold only lasts 2 days???) with just a bit of mucus still bothering. So I'm back on the no-dairy wagon, sure now that it's not just the lactose, but the casein as well. So glad it's something I can control via diet and not have to be on meds or suffer seasonal allergies anymore!

No comments: